About this role
Our client’s people division is growing, and they are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner, Lead to join their operations. As part of the Human Resources team, the successful candidate will be to support our already challenging, yet rewarding, environment strengthening our mining operations. The ideal candidate will possess a background as an internal subject matter expert and consultant on labor and employee relations.
- Comply with State and Federal legal regulations, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Attend scheduled or unscheduled safety meetings regularly
- Complete regular safety inspections of the workplace and audit work practices
- Inspect work areas for any conditions that are potentially hazardous to personnel or equipment
- Acts as the internal subject matter expert for labor and employee relations.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, leads development of regional collective bargaining, contract labor and hourly wage and benefit strategies using a consistent approach and methodology across the region.
- Maintains a strong collaborative relationship with internal and external counsel, site HRBPs and other key stakeholders.
- Acts as a liaison between employer and the union (managing Boards of Adjustment, updating the union with changes in company policy, managing joint management and union committees, etc.). May serve as primary spokesperson for collective bargaining agreement.
- Interprets and administers the collective bargaining agreement, ensuring that all departments follow the provisions consistently, by providing guidance to site HRBPs and, if requested, directly to management regarding the intent, application, and compliance requirements of labor agreements.
- Provides guidance and support on the drafting of responses to grievances, memoranda of understanding, side agreements, labor agreement provisions, arbitrations, and other related items.
- Consults with site HRBPs on findings and recommendations regarding employee and labor relations matters depending on the scope or level of the investigation; consults with site HRBP's on labor issues and serves as a sounding board on people-related decisions, including discipline and performance improvement.
- Supports the development of employee relations policies; identifies areas for policy improvement and recommends programs, strategies, and other collaborative activities to prevent issues from occurring.
- Reviews and monitors trends and potential risk areas for the organization and recommends interventions and improvements.
- Provides consultation on company policy for the region, employment law and investigative expertise across the organization.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations in collaboration with legal counsel where required.
- Supports the use of consistent, quality human resource investigative processes across the organization and supporting compliance with relevant CBA, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Partner with legal counsel where required.
- Mining, construction, utilities, or other heavy industry experience is preferred.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead at all level of the organization, with business acumen, smart risk taking, emotional intelligence, above average tactical skills, and stress tolerance.
- Strong employee relations skills
- Working knowledge of federal/state employment and labor law
- Must be willing to work four (M-Th), 12-hour days. 2 hours of your day will be spent car-pooling to the mine site. Your day will start at 4:30a getting into company pool car, driving 1 hour to your work site, ending your day at site at 4p and commuting the 1 hour back to your vehicle. 3 day weekends!!