About this role
The Environmental Assurance Specialist supports the evolution, implementation and coordination of an effective and high-quality Environmental Assurance Program intended to ensure that project activities are executed in a manner which is fitting for a world-class project of COMPANY’s status. The Environmental Assurance Program is a driver of best practice and innovative processes required to meet COMPANY goals for a project of world class environmental performance. The role requires:• Support the Senior Manager –Execution & Assurance in developing and coordinating an Environmental Assurance Program;
• Ensure that environmental and sustainability Employer Requirements are effectively implemented during all development phases – construction – operation – decommissioning;• Develop, implement and enforce an effective Secondary Assurance Function for the construction of all built assets;
• Manage a Primary Assurance program for all construction activities and facilities in your region of responsibility; • Ensure that project training, monitoring and reporting regimes are applied across the project;
• Report on compliance performance of construction and operational activities and facilities in your region of responsibility; • Management of PMC Environmental personnel to ensure that PMC Environment are effectively executing their agreed scope of works and deliverables are being achieved;
• Develop, review, understand and enforce Environmental Codes of Compliance for construction activities within your region of responsibility; • Ensure that COMPANY environmental requirements (Environmental Codes of Compliance) are thoroughly briefed to construction contractors, facility operators, COMPANY partner organisations, etc;
• Support the review of Construction Environmental and Social Management Plans and other associated document developed by the contractors.