About this role
The Environmental Assessment Senior Specialist supports the implementation of the effective, high quality and timely assessment of proposed activities and projects, which is critical to the world-class execution of COMPANY infrastructure, economic and growth strategies. They help drive the development and implementation of best practice and innovative processes to meet COMPANY goals for a world class environmental planning system. The role includes:
- Administering (Project managing) the Environmental Assessment process at the Activity (project level) including scheduling, day to day coordination of project timelines and deliverables, acting as an interface between COMPANY’s internal sectors, external proponents, and Environmental Consultants;
- Contributing to the effective development of clear, detailed and comprehensive assessment documentation;
- Review and assessment of technical environmental assessment reports and documentation submitted by Sector ‘Proponents’ or external Environmental Consultants, in line with COMPANY policy and planning objectives;
- Ensuring continued alignment of COMPANY’s environmental planning and approval systems with IFC performance standards and world’s best practice;
- Translating complex technical information into easy to understand plain English guidelines, reports and communications.
Participating as a positive and proactive member of COMPANY’s Environmental Assessment and Monitoring Team to match forecast project delivery demands.