• Extract data for routine and ad hoc reports from Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSHE) systems;
• Review data from reports and across multiple sources for quality and completeness;
• Format or populate templates to report incident counts in computer applications;
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
• Facilitate data confirmation/corrections in SSHE applications with key personnel;
• Create and/or update tables and graphs in stewardship slides;
• Generate data insights from complex data sets to make key decisions;
• Contribute to the advance data/analytics strategy and roadmap activities;
• Evaluate and recommend other database & analytics technologies – Cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, BI tools, connectors, and accelerators;
• Responsible for development, deployment and sustainment of advanced analytical algorithm and automated solutions;
• Respond to data requests using various modes of communication;
• Generate data and/or analyses in response to requests;
• Coordinate and consolidate data collection in support of SSHE processes;
• Populate templates for external reporting requirements;
• Maintain a base knowledge of SSHE Guidance Documents;
• Lead and coordinate relevant SSHE Networks.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in data analysis/reporting, data transformation, data modeling and visualization;
• A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond effectively with different individuals across geographical regions, cultures and senior business leaders;
• Collaborate and is willing to take up additional responsibilities and demonstrate initiatives;
• Data query, extraction and entry experience in Information Technology (IT) applications;
• Experience leading or facilitating groups to achieve a common goal;
• Experience coordinating efforts across multiple levels of the organization and across geographical regions;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively;
• Experience working independently;
• Flag issues proactively, suggest new ideas to improve processes/systems/tools ;
• Tests the current process and provide better solutions.
Expected Level of Proficiency
• Expertise in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
o Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills (PivotTables, VBA, complex formulas, integrating with other programs using data cubes (SSAS-Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services) or data connections;
• Experience and advanced knowledge in using statistical computer languages and tools (R, Python, MS-SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
• Data Modeling Expertise: good understanding / general working knowledge of statistical analysis and modeling, machine learning, pattern recognition, data visualization;
• Analytical tool knowledge (Python, NumPy, Pandas, NLP (Natural Language Processing), Snowflake, Databricks etc.).
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100+ offices across 40+ countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and Pay Rolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors.
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Data Specialist - Karnataka
Confirmation sent to