About this role
To create and manage key account activity plans, lead initiatives with our major accounts, and to effectively manage the total customer relationship within an assigned territory effectively executing the regional sales department strategy to achieve the agreed upon revenue and volume targets. The selected candidate will perform the role of a Customer Business Manager with Retail Sales Coverage, while servicing custom-er accounts in the Burnaby, Tri-Cities and East Vancouver areas.
- Track customer sales performance, identify variances vs. budget and develop and execute customer programs to deliver customer plan on volume, revenue and margin that are consistent with overall regional and national sales strategies.
- Assist in the development and execution of regional sales strategies, ensuring that the strategies align with the overall business strategy and the National Sales strategy.
- Use customer and consumer insight data to analyze and understand total customer and banner performance drivers and opportunities and make recommendations to the customer as per category management principles.
- Participate in the annual and long-term business planning and strategy development process for the customer business accounts and the regional sales department.
- Deliver against sales department KPI objectives as developed and communicated Sales Supervisor.
- Proactively develop, negotiate, and implement trade spending investment and promotional plans to increase listings, distribution, share of shelf, and market share at both Customer Business accounts and major independent accounts.
- Execute against company New Product Development targets.
- Develop relationships with customer contacts to gain knowledge of customer business needs and ensure delivery of business plans.
- Communicate activity and associated timing, volume, pricing, distribution targets to the Sales Supervisor/Customer Business Manager and Field Sales reps and monitor execution against activity.
- Liaise with customer business team nationally to build on local successes and promote knowledge transfer and account synergies.
- Liaise with Customer Service Manager and team including business updates for customer business accounts.
- Deliver required forecast accuracy to minimize wastage and maximize service levels.
- Monitor and control customer rebates and discounts, pricing, receivables, and deductions and ensure receivables and deductions are processed to within agreed levels as per Director, National Retail.
- Perform timely administration of internal processes as well as team and resource management to create efficient internal processes.
- Monitor and communicate up to date information on the market, retail pricing and competitive actions and threats.
- Performs section relines to improve product placement, facings, product mix and holding power.
- Effectively manages retail expenditures (expired-in-store and trade spending).
- Effectively utilizes sales force automation tools with their day-to-day duties and interaction with customers.
- Seeks out new business opportunities that meet guidelines.
- Effectively manages collections and accounts receivable for all Independent customers.
- Performs territory planning to maximize efficiency of sales call and delivery coverage.