Key Result Areas:• Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to the EPC contractor.
• Demonstrate visible safety program leadership.• Plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensure execution of work per plan.
• Maintain design integrity and quality requirements through the management of change and specification deviation processes. • Maintain full project chronology of civil and structural engineering design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in contract administration.
• Ensure issuance of high quality AFC deliverables on schedule to Construction.• Successfully execute information management requirements throughout project life.
• Apply and capture lessons learned related to project engineering activities.• Engage resources outside the PMT on a timely basis to resolve engineering issues.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:• Project core values that strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance.
• Show dynamism with high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance. Demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.• High visibility, large capital expenditure project with significant execution schedule pressure.
• Well established policies and procedures, with high expectations for business controls compliance and awareness to meet changing needs.• Sensitivity to diverse, multicultural environments in engineering, fabrication, field construction and operations.
• Continuous improvement approach to build on best practices and lessons learned.• Significantly complex internal and external interfaces to coordinate.
Communications and Working Relationships:• Effective team player that collaborates well with the onshore PMT, the broader project team, venture, contractors and external parties.
• Leads by example and demonstrates high integrity in all dealings. Builds credibility with peers and effectively uses their time.• Prepares high quality written documents and makes effective oral presentations.
• Sensitive to cultural differences and effective communicating with individuals for whom English is not their native language.• Mentor young Qatari engineers in the project team.
Problem Solving/Complexity:• Identifies potential problems early and develops action/mitigation plans that consider available options and balance of stakeholder issues.
• Brings experience to bear in solving complex problems in less familiar situations.• Understands inter-discipline relationships and works toward general interest results.
• Creates high quality, accurate work products in a timely fashion with minimal supervisory guidance.• Develops safe, fit-for-purpose technical solutions that meet the intent of project requirements.
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Civil & Structural Lead Shared Resource N-2742 - Qatar
Confirmation sent to