About this role
Our Agtech client is seeking a CFO candidate will have a proven track record of financial and risk management, including a strong understanding of nuts-and-bolts accounting, forecasting/budgeting/planning, strategy, and M&A.
The CFO will be able to guide the company to sustainable future growth, raising capital when necessary, and helping the business owners foresee key business risks that they otherwise would not.
- Work with the owners to develop and implement a financial strategy and overall strategic plan for the company
- Serve as a strategic financial advisor to the owners
- Monitor key performance indicators and recommend and implement improvements
- Financial analysis and projects, cash flow management, revenue/expense trend analysis, capital and operating budgetary planning, reporting and the facilitation of debt and equity financing
- Review the maintenance of budgets and financial forecasting models
- Build, lead and develop the finance and accounting function for the company
- Lead monthly accounting, forecasting and reporting processes to ensure that timelines and objectives are met
- Monitor and report ongoing performance against budget
- Proactively identify and analyze potential issues across finance and operations, and coordinate timely resolution with the Management team
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to identify and capitalize on opportunities and mitigate key business risks
- Support raising capital
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant external service providers (Banks, External Auditors, CRA and Consultants)Oversee treasury activities, tax analysis and planning, and potentially human resources