About this role
The Capital Project Engineer will be involved in the execution of all aspects of large capital projects, including planning, design, approval, construction and commissioning with a focus on solar and renewable energy.
- Assist in managing all aspects of a project from scoping, prefeasibility, and feasibility to execution, including construction and commissioning
- Assist in providing design input to engineering consultants
- Assist in coordinating efforts internally during planning, design, construction, and commissioning
- Assist in completing in-house design for improvements of the appropriate size and complexity
- Initiate regular communication with operations, environmental, safety, project sponsor and stakeholders
- Assist in procurement of equipment, supplies and contracts
- Proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget, and safety
- Utilize project life-cycle tools to track and record project performance
- Inform management of schedule, costs, quality control, document control of any issues which may arise during the project life cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.